The Phantom’s Lair

Okay, so there’s this thing called the Phantom’s lair, and its supposed to be  really scary and stuff.  I think these ideas are a bunch of baloney.  In Christine’s room- rumor has it that behind the mirror I this trapdoor thing-a-ma-jiggy, and it leads down down down down down down down down down down down down down down into the Phantom’s lair.  Sooooo… behind the mirror is this (obviously) painting of a fake tunnel that leads downwards.  Well, it is amazing artwork, so I’ll take a photo of me leaning  against it to make it look like I’m falling.  Here we go, and- AHHHHHHHHHHHH.  Okay, there’s my picture, now for a more realistic pose… AHHHHHHHHHHH (I’m actually falling this time.)

Deep deep down below the opera house you stumble upon the lair of the Phantom. Only being able to see 2 feet in front myself through the thick veil of fog, I attempted to find a clearing. As the mist begins to fade I jump at the sound of a single drop of water that had managed to escape the grasp of the ceiling to reach the lake below. My feet make a clamping noise from colliding with the ground after the jump… the sound seeming to echo on forever of the vast walls of emptiness.

Through a door I find a small chamber. In it is an organ–rotting away as if nobody had ever given it any care. In the opposite corner stands a frame. Below it– lay fragments of a shattered mirror. Looking closer, in the place of where the mirror should have been, is a skull– drawn out of ashes

About ready to leave, I make your way back to the underground lake. The murky water makes the lake appear to have no bottom.   In the reflection of the water is a torch, the only object providing light to this lair of eternal darkness. The torch is flickering about– a bit like a tongue– in the darkness surrounding. It’s the only torch there, the only one…and its flame goes out…

My first thought– oh-no-bro, this ain’t good.  Unable to see, I’m about to panic when this music starts playing.  Although its a bit creepy, and its not a song, just the sound of an organ as if someone was slamming his hand up and down the keys of the piano. I’m a bit calmer after the music ends, but I’m still trying to find my way out.  Then I feel something slip around my neck. I can’t see anything, is it… a necklace maybe?  You know what, this place might not be so bad after all. I mean, the music was a little creepy, and the necklace may be a bit too tight, but– okay, maybe the necklace is way too tight.  Anyways, as I’m gasping for air because of the constricting force of this tight necklace, but maybe the Phantom isn’t so bad after all…

End of Act III

One thought on “The Phantom’s Lair