The Arrival Part 6

“What do you mean you’re gonna nuke it!” yelled Dexer. “I mean, I’m gonna nuke it,” replied Jessie “You can’t do that! ” exclaimed Darren. Jessie was the head weapons officer at SEFER, and had an attitude that annoyed Darren. The ships that had been exposed to the blood red smoke, and had crash landed in the Nevada desert. The beings inside of the ship had not yet emerged. “The land will be uninhabitable for years!” said Darren. “You make a good point,” said Jessie. “Hold in, I’ve got to make an important phone call.” He pulled his pho be out of his pocket and dialed a number. “I’m glad your were able to change his mind,” said Dexter. “Otherwise he would have fired all of those nu-.” “FIRE THE NUKES!!!” Yelled Jessie into his phone.

Five minutes later, the screen projecting the image from a satellite view of the targeted area lit up. As Darren, Dexter, and Jessie watched the explosion, they all knew hat there was no way that anything could have survived the damage caused by the nuke 🚀. As the smoke cleared, the inside of the ships began to brighten. “That’s it!” exclaimed Dexter. “That’s how the other ships in space died, so it worked!” “Ehhh, I’m gonna fire another one round, just to be sure.” Replied Jessie. “Good idea,” Dexter immediately said.

Bad idea, bad idea.

came the voice inside of Darren’s head.

DON’T LET HIM DO THAT.