The Arrival Part 4

Darren woke up gasping for air. After coming to his senses, he realized it was way too hot in the spacecraft. He had been pulled towards the sun while unconscious.I have to get out of here before I’m burned to a crisp! Darren thought, but he found that his body was not listening to his mind. The next thing that happened was Darren’s memories of what he had discovered about the sun rushed back to him, and Darren began to panic.

I have to get back to Earth to let everyone know how well my experiment went, said Darren’s mind, but the thought did not come from Darren. I’ll have to bring the battery back to Earth charged,Darren thought. An instant later, a tendril as thin as string emerged from the sun and touched Darren’s device,and the power gage read at 100%. Now I’m good to go,replied the mysterious voice in his head. Darren’s body found itself prepping the controls to go back to Earth…

2 thoughts on “The Arrival Part 4

1. That is a nice use of italics, but now I want to know more about this. Please keep going with this series, I’ll be reading it. I also like how you gave it emotion by saying ” Darren woke up gasping for air”

2. The ending is cliff hanger; the ending wants me to read more. The elipse and italics also is a example of author’s craft. It’s intresting how the story goes from 3rd person to 1st person.